YMCA England & Wales is committed to fundraising in a transparent way. That’s why we make these promises to you when you choose to support us.
Fundraising is an essential part of YMCA’s activities to cover increasing need for our services to young people. We endeavour to generate funds cost effectively, with respect and within guidelines of fundraising regulatory bodies.
Our supporter promise clearly outlines our guarantee to you when you choose to support YMCA England & Wales.
We will protect your details and privacy
- We will not sell or swap your details with other organisations for marketing purposes, unless you have given us permission to do so.
- We do not call people who are part of the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) unless they have given us permission to do so.
- We do not do cold calling campaigns and we do not undertake street or door-to-door fundraising.
- We respect how you wish to be contacted. If you give us an instruction, we will always comply.
We will adhere to all industry guidelines and regulations
- We are members of and adhere to the standards of the Institute of Fundraising (IOF).
- We require others acting on our behalf to do the same. We’ll take appropriate action promptly if we find any failure to meet our standards.
We are accountable
- Where we work with third party agencies we will provide training and monitor their work. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set.
- We monitor and log all comments, concerns or complaints, which we’re pleased to say, are significantly lower than the charity sector average.
- YMCA England & Wales are constantly monitoring costs and expenditure. We never forget that donations are given to us in good faith to help young people and so we work hard to ensure they are used wisely.
- If we make a mistake we will apologise and do everything we can to put things right. If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done please contact us in the first instance on 020 7186 9518 or email Debbie from Supporter Services at email@example.com. Please be assured we are regulated by the Fundraising Regulator.
We are always here to help. If you need anything, we will always provide easy ways for you to contact us and ensure our Supporter Services team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have.
If you would like to chat to us please call Debbie on 020 7186 9518. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org