- Salary: £24,000 Salary
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Closing Date: 24.02.2020
- Website https://ymcadoncaster.org.uk/premisesmanager/
We’re looking for an organised and effective person to help manage the safety, maintenance and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s property and premises. This will include reporting, audit checks and administrative duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Health and Safety procedures are being complied with, conducting regular checks across our site and overseeing the work of external contractors.
You will be working with our established systems, ensuring that the building and site are properly maintained, cleaned and well-presented. This will include some supervisory responsibilities.
As a part of our Duty Management team, you will be involved in dealing with staffing or other issues across the organisation as they arise, and you will be included in our out-of-hours On Call rota with two or three others.
You will have some recent relevant experience or transferrable skills, an understanding of relevant Health and Safety / maintenance issues and strong attention to detail. You’ll also have some experience of leading / managing staff or volunteers.
Completed application forms should be submitted before 12 noon on Monday 24th February.
We expect to hold practical tests for shortlisted candidates on Wednesday 4th March, following which we will select candidates for interview on Tuesday 10th or Wednesday 11th March.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, you’ve unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Hours of Work
40 hours plus On Call duties.
On site work will generally be between the hours of 8am and 11pm. Evening work, primarily covering as part of the Duty Managers’ rota, is a regular part of the job.
The On Call provision is in place at all times, including weekends, nights and Bank Holidays, and is covered on a rota basis with three or four individuals.
To carry out a variety of duties to help manage the safety, maintenance and cleaning of YMCA Doncaster’s properties and premises. This will include preparing reports in line with set procedures, auditing of various items across the premises and other administrative duties.
- To be responsible for checking that Health and Safety procedures are being complied with, and to take responsibility for other Health and Safety tasks as designated by the Line Manager.
- To conduct regular Health and Safety checks across the site and to meet with contractors and others to oversee their work.
- To ensure that resident clients receive a clear verbal Health and Safety induction within their first seven days in residence and to co-ordinate additional instruction on maintenance and safety issues during a residence where required by the Line Manager.
- To complete audits and the checking of records, and to deal with designated matters arising including coaching and instruction of staff at various levels.
- To ensure that the building and site are appropriately maintained, cleaned and well-presented, and that regular and cyclical programmes are in place.
- To co-ordinate the accurate collection and production of data relating to a range of performance indicators.
- To complete administrative tasks to assist the Operations Manager.
- To keep financial and other records as required.
- To provide regular reports as required.
- To supervise relevant staff, students or volunteers.
- To contribute to drawing together evidence relating to Quality systems.
- To assist in the general leadership of YMCA Doncaster, and to offer flexibility in both patterns of work and duties undertaken.
- To cover accommodation, reception or other duties where necessary in times of absence or vacancies.
- To act as a shift Duty Manager, including dealing with any staffing or other issues arising during periods of duty.
- To be part of the out-of-hours On Call rota with two or three others, responding effectively to concerns. This will include finding cover in the case of sickness or other absence, or covering a shift at very short notice when no other cover is available.
- To contribute to the selection and induction of new staff and volunteers across the Association.
- To develop and maintain appropriately professional relationships with members, users and with other staff, and to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times.
- To represent senior staff and the Association positively in all relationships, both internal and external.
- To work within the policies and procedures of YMCA Doncaster, and to contribute to their development.
- Other reasonable duties as required from time to time by the Line Manager.
- A sound educational background, with a minimum of 5 GCSEs at C or above, 5 O Levels at C or above or equivalent other qualifications.
- Recent relevant experience or transferrable skills.
- Understanding of relevant Health & Safety and maintenance issues.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy when inputting data and creating reports.
- Able to use Microsoft Word and Excel to a high standard.
- Comfortable with administrative duties which will include working with financial records and cash handling.
- Experience of managing a varied workload efficiently.
- Experience of leadership and management of staff and / or volunteers.
- Able to work within organisational procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with colleagues, as well as customers or clients with complex needs and / or challenging behaviours.
- Experience of taking responsibility for unexpected situations and making significant decisions in accordance with policy.
- Able to be assertive and tenaciouss where necessary.
- Experience of maintaining confidentiality and appropriate relationships, and a clear understanding of the importance of those.
- Able to work to the Vision and Values of YMCA Doncaster.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- Able to cover part of the out-of-hours On Call rota and to attend site within two hours in the event of an emergency.
- Able to represent the Association positively, professionally and with credibility.
- To apply for this role please download a job information pack from our website: https://ymcadoncaster.org.uk/premisesmanager/
- Please return your application form to the person stated on the job information pack.