The right start in life is crucial for a person’s long-term development. It is for this reason that YMCA works with people from birth through to adulthood – supporting individuals and families to flourish.
YMCA supports more than 230,000 children, young people and parents every year through our family work. This includes (number of participants):
- Crèches – 3,610
- Nurseries and children’s centres – 14,730
- Before and after school clubs – 9,410
- Holiday clubs and camps – 21,190
- School activity programmes – 26,630
- Youth work – 33,560
- Respite for young carers – 1,570
- Parenting programmes – 1,520
- Family mediation – 1,150
To find out about services and activities close to you, please contact your local YMCA.